Bacteria EZ Coliform Cult (MUG)
Check your Coliform Bacteria presence with confidence using our WaterWorks™ EZ Coliform Cult (MUG) Bacteria Check. Contains 1 test.
Total coliform presence/absence test (P-A) confirmation. No incubator needed, however the test can be incubated to speed up the result. Fill up the bottle 3/4 of the way, shake well and leave to sit in room temperature (25 C) for 48 hours or 24 hours if incubated at 35 C. If the bottle has changed colour, then you have Total Coliforms present and the water is not safe to drink. You can check the E.Coli even further with a UV Light. If the colour remains the same at the end of the wait time your water is Coliform Free.
Test sensitivity: 1 CFU / 100 ml (EPA Compliant for Drinking Water testing)
The EZ Coliform Cult (XGAL/MUG) is an EPA compliant test. When using this simple test the media turns blue-green in the presence of coliform bacteria. E. coli growth is confirmed by blue fluorescence under UV light (available on our store - Part Number: NVF-4) or using a Kovacs reagent.
- Total coliform presence/absence test with E.coli confirmation
- E.coli confirmation by fluorescence or Kovacs’ reagent
- Results in 24 hours (95° F/35° C) or 48 hours (77° F/25° C)
- XGAL/MUG test uses safe chemistry
- EPA compliant method published in the Federal Register/Vol. 67, No. 209
Made in USA
We Also Recommend